Killara Golf Club Scholarship
Junior Golf Development Program
The Killara Golf Club has launched a Junior Golf Development Program.
To assist with the Club’s fundraising efforts, the Program has been registered with the Australian Sports Foundation Ltd (ASF).
Funds raised for this project will be used to finance a number of sports development programs to promote and enhance the game of golf for promising junior players. A significant aim is to increase participation at junior level through the awarding of scholarships.
Some areas which will be funded include:
- Resourcing of the KGC Cadet Program
- Scholarships for promising young players to assist recipients cover costs such as:
– Competition fees and travel expenses
– Specialist coaching
– Equipment and sports science expertise
Making an ASF Donation
If you would like to support the Killara Golf Club with this project, please consider making an ASF donation and become eligible to receive a tax deduction*.
While donations must be made unconditionally to ASF, donors are able to nominate the KGC Junior Golf Development Program as the preferred beneficiary of their donation. All ASF grants received by The Killara Golf Club Limited will be used to enhance the KGC Junior Golf Program.
* Under taxation law, a tax deductible gift requires a donor to transfer money voluntarily without the donor or an associate of the donor receiving or being entitled to receive in return, any material advantage or compensation (apart from tax savings).
Any questions regarding this project can be directed to David Gazzoli, General Manager
Ph: 9498 2700 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Killara Golf Club Junior Golf Development Scholarship
Number of Scholarships
The number of Scholarships offered will be at the sole discretion of The Killara Golf Club.
The scholarship is open to boys and girls who are under 24 years of age, irrespective of whether they have an existing affiliation with The Killara Golf Club.
Criteria for Selection
- well developed golfing skills considering the age of applicant
- a demonstrated desire to achieve at the highest level of golf that this applicant is capable of
- good character
- a knowledge and acceptance of club and golfing etiquette
Scholarship holders will receive:
- the waiving of the holder’s membership entrance fee (if applicable).
- payment of their annual subscription
- full use of golf course and clubhouse facilities including golf practice facilities
- the provision of a locker and of Club storage at no charge in each year
- reimbursement of golf tuition, entry fees and travel costs to National and State
- Championships and Vardon Cup / Jean Derrin events up to $1,000 per annum
Scholarship Term and Renewal
Scholarships will be subject to an annual review through to the age for Senior category membership.
To apply for a KGC Junior Golf Development Program Scholarship, registered with The Australian Sports Foundation, please download and complete the form below.